Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Simpsons Movie Review


"Maggie! What a great little accident you turned out to be." Homer said when his baby daughter saved his life. This is just one of the many times that The Simpsons' movie made fun of family. I rated this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars. This movie was really funny because it made fun of movies and current social issues that are relatable to everyone. The writer made it funny, but never crossed the line to where it became offensive to me and the rest of the class. The reason I think the movie never offended our class was because there was such a variety of things being poked fun at and not just one consistant group or person.


I thought the movie was really neat because the author actually had a point that he wanted to get across about global warming, our government and other issues. But at the same time there was many random jokes throughout the movie about different movies, religion and famous people. My favorite part of the movie was when Homer brought home a pig and and walked it on the ceiling while singing "Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig does." Though the Simpson's is a cartoon, I believe that it is made for people between the ages of 16 and older because of some of the references to movies and people that younger people wouldn't get. I also don't think that kids under 13 should watch this movie because I don't think they are mature for a couple of the jokes displayed. I enjoyed watching The Simpsons because it was a very relaxing movie to watch and the humor really brightened my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment