Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Independant Film vs. Mainstream Film

The mainstream movie that I am comparing is Shawshank Redemption. I enjoyed this movie and I liked the story line. I noticed that most of the mainstream films that I have watched have a good, hero guy and a bad, villian guy. They are very distinct and can easily be noticed. I understood the story line of all this movie and it was easy for me to watch. There were some inspirational and memorable quotes in this movie.




The independant film that we wached was Donnie Darko. I really didn't like this movie. The only parts I enjoyed was the music, Jake Gyllenhaal and there were a couple funny parts. This movie was very hard to follow along and I felt that the movie really had no point. Unlike the mainstream movie, I couldn't find a real good hero in the independant film. The villians in Donnie Darko were easy to tell, but the hero weren't the textbook hero that I was looking for. I also couldn't remember any quotes that really stuck out to me in the independant film.

No comments:

Post a Comment